This recipe for making home-made henna paste for the body (mainly being applied on the hands and feet) is very easy to follow. All you have to do is buy some henna powder and add it to some everyday products (lemon, green tea, sugar).
For a henna tattoo on each hand (or one long tattoo that goes up the whole of the arm):
- 2 teaspoons of henna powder.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon.
- 2 teaspoons of hot green tea (or hot water or hot coffee)
- 1/2 teaspoon of essential eucalyptus oil (to darken the mixture).
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Optional: A few drops of essential oil to give it a scent (orange blossom or lavender).
How to make home-made henna paste
- Sieve the henna powder into the bowl to remove solid blocks of powder or pebbles.
- Add the lemon, the sugar and the essential oil.
- Add the hot water, tea or coffee.
- Mix until the mixture sticks together as a paste and make sure you get rid of all the lumps.
NB: The paste should be smooth, with no lumps but not too runny.
- Leave the paste to set for about 15 minutes.
- Apply it on the body.
- Leave to set for at least an hour. The best thing to do would be to apply it in the evening before going to bed with the tattoo wrapped up.
- Remove the paste with a glove or do it underwater withour rubbing it too much.
- Massage with a bit of essential oil to darken the tattoo and fix it to your skin better.